Looking north towards the Congregational church. The present Baldfaced Stag was built in 1880
The second White Lion public house is on left and the original railway bridge (replaced in 1939)
The junction of Hertford Road on left. The Black Bess Coffee Tavern was opened in the 1880s as a tea-total alternative to the local pubs
The Baldfaced Stag was rebuilt in 1880 and the shop adjacent is dated 1907. Fairlawn House, left and redeveloped in 1913, still has its gounds.
Looking across from Fortis Green Road. The Baldfaced Stag was rebuilt in 1880 and the shop adjacent is dated 1907.
Junction of Stanhope Road with the Belgrave Tavern on right. The building in centre under construction is 778 High Road, corner of Friern Park, is dated 1906
This row of shops, with Stanhope road on left, is still recognisable today. Belgrave Tavern is on the right
Taken before the trams lines were constructed this view is from the then Railway Hotel public house
Once the home of Henry 'Inky' Stephens, the house and grounds were opened as a public park in 1928
The Old King of Prussia was a licensed property by the middle of the 18th century and may have originally been the King's Head. It was substantially rebuilt in the 1960s and is currently called The Dignity.