Photos with tag: 1910s

Boy Scouts, 1st Forest Hill Troop

The Yorkshire Grey, Blackheath Hill 1913

Whitefoot Lane c.1914

A dairy was established at No.1 when the block called The Pavement was built in 1899, and James Haydon was the proprietor from at least 1910 to 1923. It later became No. 218 Algernon Road. Milk was ladled into the … Continue reading

Black and White postcard of the tram lines and road, c.1915

Upper Brockley Road c.1912

Black and White photograph showing Torridon Road 1910

The transformation of southern Hither Green from farmland to suburbia was accomplished by one man, Archibald Cameron Corbett, who was also responsible for five other large estates in east and south London. Responding promptly to the opening of Hither Green … Continue reading

Black and White photograph showing presentation of an invalid carriage and reading tables to Lewisham Hospital by Torridon Road School, 1916

1918 bombing raid in Sydenham Road. People gathering to examine the destruction of houses.

Postcard published by Albert Flint, c.1900. Brockley Road at the junction of Comerford Road and Ivy Roads. The surrounding area has been built up in the last thirty years, and has its shopping centre here. In the distance is St … Continue reading