Photos with tag: Churches

Interior view of apse

The foundation stone of the Wesleyan Church was laid on 22nd July 1899 and it was completed by 1900 at a cost of £4,800, to accommodate 700 people. The church was designed by Josiah Gunton, a specialist in non-conformist churches, … Continue reading

Black and White photo shoto St. Paul’s on Waldenshaw Road, 1904


Black and White photo showing the wall of the canal property and the lock-keeper’s cottage, c.1963

Black and White photograph showing exterior of Swedenberg Chapel, Warwick (now Warwickshire) Street, built 1871 closed 1949. Used by Deptford Branch of British Legion in 1956

colour artwork showing exterior of Tanners Hill British infant school & chapel by Frederick Ashford 1856


Black and White photo showing St. James’ Church on Stanstead Road, c. Late 1800s / Early 1900s

Black and White postcard showing the exterior of the Methodist Chapel on Stanstead Road

Black and White postcard of Church exterior taken from the roadside


Colour photo showing the demolition of the vicarage, 8/10/1986