Here seen looking across Queens Road with an 83 bus comming up from Hendon Station
According to the local antiquary Ralph Calder, the house was built in 1709 and was first called the QueenÕs Head. It was replaced by the house Kings Head House
The Avenue which connects Squires Lane with Regents Park Road was originally a private road from Finchley Manor to St MaryÕs Church
The pond was removed for the building of the Hendon Way, the long white building on the right is the original Hendon poor house
Princes Parade, Claverley Grove, Princes Avenue were constructed in the 1900s on the grounds of Claverley House and Field Cottage. The post box marks the junction with Princes Avenue.
Wentworth Chapel (The Finchley Meeting House) continued until the 2000s when it was replaced by the present Hartnell Court. This view includes some of the old Finchley Police Station