Typical late Edwardian shopping parade. Note the milk cart on the right
The Baldfaced Stag was rebuilt in 1880 and the shop adjacent is dated 1907. Fairlawn House, left and redeveloped in 1913, still has its gounds.
Looking across from Fortis Green Road. The Baldfaced Stag was rebuilt in 1880 and the shop adjacent is dated 1907.
Looking down towards the railway station (Stag Hill), before the development of the Fairlawn estate, left, into shops and houses in 1913
Seen from the junction of Chapel Street, now gone. Kitchener Road on right hand side. The shops beyond Kitchener Road were built in 1903, but the tram line opened in 1905, is yet to be built
Beresford Road the shops beyond were built in 1903 and include a small motorcycle works
This row of shops, with Stanhope road on left, is still recognisable today. Belgrave Tavern is on the right
Looking north towards long lane, number 63 Ballards lane in the first shop on the left. Grove Road can be seen on the middle left.