Looking along Walden Road lined with mature trees in winter
Horse and wagon on lane to Kenningtown, near entrance to Orpington House. Situated just a mile to the south-__east of urban St Mary Cray, Kevington is a rural hamlet (also spelt Kevingtown), with farms, nurseries and old cottages. The Ordnance Survey map of 1876 shows Kevingtown and Kevington as two separate places – the former at the top of the hill, the latter on its western slope – but this could have been due to some cartographic confusion.
Looking along tree-lined road with fence overlooking valley
Looking north along High Street, the shops are decorated with flags which suggests this could be May Day celebrations. The funnel of the mill can be seen in distance.
Very ornate building with pillared entrance and lawn in front of side building
Interior of church showing old rood screen and old baie of Modon font
Looking south with St Joseph's Roman Catholic church on right