The photograph shows Ladywell Bridge, which crosses the Ravensbourne river and the railway, before it was widened in 1937 - 1938. The first road bridge over the river was built in 1830 and extended to cover the railway in 1856. Before 1830 there was a footbridge only, and vehicles forded the Ravensbourne. The houses on the right were built in 1858, the year after the opening of Ladywell Station.
• Canals Ponds and Rivers