The houses in Ladywell Road, then called Baines Villas, had probably been built in 1858 as a response to the railway's arrival. On the left is Ladywell Road and the bridge over the Ravensbourne. The line of fence-posts shows the river bank. On the south side, animals graze on what is not yet Ladywell (Fields) Recreation Ground. In the foreground is the garden attached to Ladywell Station and in the distance are Lewisham Congregational Church and the back of Lewisham House.
• General Views