Maller's Nursery was established about 1880. This section, with the glasshouses, was between Burnt Ash Hill and Dorville and Leyland Roads. The Mallers lived in the house with the conservatory, No 72 Leyland Road. This part of the nursery was built over gradually, but a section remained until the 1960s when Alanthus Close was built. Kingshurst and Horncastle Roads were built over the southern section of the nursery in the 1930s.