Toggle navigation
Menu
Lewisham Borough Photos
Images from Lewisham
Home
Places
Dates
Themes
Prints
Checkout
In page-searchResults.php
Search Results Page
Search for images:
Search for phrase:
Select Date
All Dates
1700s
1800s
1900s
1910s
1920s
1930s
1940s
1950s
1960s
1970s
1980s
1990s
unknown
Select Area
All Areas
Beckenham
Bellingham
Bermondsey
Blackheath
Brockley
Catford
Crystal Palace
Deptford
Downham
Dulwich
Forest Hill
France
Greenwich
Grove Park
Hants
Herne Hill
Hither Green
Honor Oak
Ladywell
Lee
Lewisham
New Cross
Nuhead
Parham Park
Peckham
Southend
St John's
Sussex
Sydenham
Westminster
Woolwich
Select Theme
All Themes
Animals
Archaeology
Beaulieu
Bridges
Businesses
Canals Ponds and Rivers
Celebrations
Cemeteries
Charities
Charity
Churches
Education
Emergency Services
Entertainment
Event
Farms
General Views
Health
HealthPublic Buildings
Heath
Houses
Houses(Large)
Housing
Industry
Markets
Military
Mills
Music
Parks and Open Spaces
People
Public Art
Public Buildings
Pubs
PulicBuildings
Rivers
Roads and Streets
Royalty
Shops
Sport
Sports
Stations
Theatres and Cinemas
Transport
Winter Scenes
Work
World War One
World War Two
Youth
Search for:
Showing results for pictures from , in , of , with the phrase ''
Page 118 of 234
« First
«
...
10
20
30
...
116
117
118
119
120
...
130
140
150
...
»
Last »
There was little need for state education in Forest Hill during the 19th century, when the numerous private schools catered for the middle classes and the church schools for the working classes. However, the many smaller houses built south of Stanstead Road in the 1890s, of which these in Elsinore Road are typical, overstreched the churches. The London County Council stepped in with the Kilmorie Road School, built in 1903. It was damaged during World War II, but has been restored.
The last substantial part of Forest Hill to be built was the area between Stanstead Road and Perry Hill, which was the furthest from the station. Kilmorie Road, seen here, dates from the 1890s, when modest terraces had become the standard, rather than the detached and semi-detached houses of Forest Hill's more oppulent days. The view is towards Stanstead Road.
Kingdom Hall, Bennett Park, Blackheath, interior. Christian Scientist church.
Kingdom Hall. Gospel Hall, Bennett Park, Blackheath, when in use by the Tenth Church of Christ, ?Scientist.
Kingdom Hall. Gospel Hall, Bennett Park, Blackheath, when in use by the Tenth Church of Christ, Scientist.
Kings Hall Cinema, Lewisham
The Woodlands Estate was originally part of a wood called Willowise. Around 1842, 10 acres of this estate were sold in equal parts to two publicans, Jeremiah Woolard and John Grove. Each built a house for his own residence and over the next 50 years nine more houses were built on the estate and let, mostly on short-term leases. This house was built in the 1870s and was given the name of 'Ormonde'. It was extended and its name changed to Kingsland in the mid 1920s. In 1967 it was demolished to be replaced by two bungalows (Nos 122 and 124). This photograph was taken on 22 October 1966.
Black and White Photograph of Kirkdale
Black and White Photograph of Kirkdale
Black and White Photograph of Kirkdale
Black and White Photograph of Kirkdale
Page 118 of 234
« First
«
...
10
20
30
...
116
117
118
119
120
...
130
140
150
...
»
Last »