Toggle navigation
Menu
Lewisham Borough Photos
Images from Lewisham
Home
Places
Dates
Themes
Prints
Checkout
In page-searchResults.php
Search Results Page
Search for images:
Search for phrase:
Select Date
All Dates
1700s
1800s
1900s
1910s
1920s
1930s
1940s
1950s
1960s
1970s
1980s
1990s
unknown
Select Area
All Areas
Beckenham
Bellingham
Bermondsey
Blackheath
Brockley
Catford
Crystal Palace
Deptford
Downham
Dulwich
Forest Hill
France
Greenwich
Grove Park
Hants
Herne Hill
Hither Green
Honor Oak
Ladywell
Lee
Lewisham
New Cross
Nuhead
Parham Park
Peckham
Southend
St John's
Sussex
Sydenham
Westminster
Woolwich
Select Theme
All Themes
Animals
Archaeology
Beaulieu
Bridges
Businesses
Canals Ponds and Rivers
Celebrations
Cemeteries
Charities
Charity
Churches
Education
Emergency Services
Entertainment
Event
Farms
General Views
Health
HealthPublic Buildings
Heath
Houses
Houses(Large)
Housing
Industry
Markets
Military
Mills
Music
Parks and Open Spaces
People
Public Art
Public Buildings
Pubs
PulicBuildings
Rivers
Roads and Streets
Royalty
Shops
Sport
Sports
Stations
Theatres and Cinemas
Transport
Winter Scenes
Work
World War One
World War Two
Youth
Search for:
Showing results for pictures from , in , of , with the phrase ''
Page 120 of 234
« First
«
...
10
20
30
...
118
119
120
121
122
...
130
140
150
...
»
Last »
The Ladywell Baths were built in 1884 in deep red brick, with their own well (not far from the original Lady Well). The Coroner's Court (far left) was built 10 years later in 1894 also from red brick. Both buildings were needed to serve the expanding population. The baths closed in 1965 when the Leisure Centre opened; the tower has lost its cap (in 1907-8) and the building's future is uncertain.
Black and White photo of Ladywell Bridge and the River Ravensbourne
Ladywell Bridge 1856 60
Ladywell Bridge From Ladywell Fields Long View
Ladywell Bridge From Recreation Grounds 6 Oct 1898
Ladywell Bridge Station Approach On The South East Side Through Ladywell Fields
The photograph shows Ladywell Bridge, which crosses the Ravensbourne river and the railway, before it was widened in 1937 - 1938. The first road bridge over the river was built in 1830 and extended to cover the railway in 1856. Before 1830 there was a footbridge only, and vehicles forded the Ravensbourne. The houses on the right were built in 1858, the year after the opening of Ladywell Station.
For much of its short history the dead population of Ladywell has outnumbered the living. The Lewisham (now Ladywell) and Deptford (now Brockley) cemeteries were opened in 1858 in response to public anxiety over crowded urban churchyards. Originally separated by a wall, they were merged in 1965.
Black and White photo of the footbridge in snow
Black and White photo of the footbridge in Ladywell Fields
Black and White photo showing swans on the River Ravensbourne in Ladywell Fields
Black and White photo of Ladywell Fields
Page 120 of 234
« First
«
...
10
20
30
...
118
119
120
121
122
...
130
140
150
...
»
Last »