Toggle navigation
Menu
Lewisham Borough Photos
Images from Lewisham
Home
Places
Dates
Themes
Prints
Checkout
In page-searchResults.php
Search Results Page
Search for images:
Search for phrase:
Select Date
All Dates
1700s
1800s
1900s
1910s
1920s
1930s
1940s
1950s
1960s
1970s
1980s
1990s
unknown
Select Area
All Areas
Beckenham
Bellingham
Bermondsey
Blackheath
Brockley
Catford
Crystal Palace
Deptford
Downham
Dulwich
Forest Hill
France
Greenwich
Grove Park
Hants
Herne Hill
Hither Green
Honor Oak
Ladywell
Lee
Lewisham
New Cross
Nuhead
Parham Park
Peckham
Southend
St John's
Sussex
Sydenham
Westminster
Woolwich
Select Theme
All Themes
Animals
Archaeology
Beaulieu
Bridges
Businesses
Canals Ponds and Rivers
Celebrations
Cemeteries
Charities
Charity
Churches
Education
Emergency Services
Entertainment
Event
Farms
General Views
Health
HealthPublic Buildings
Heath
Houses
Houses(Large)
Housing
Industry
Markets
Military
Mills
Music
Parks and Open Spaces
People
Public Art
Public Buildings
Pubs
PulicBuildings
Rivers
Roads and Streets
Royalty
Shops
Sport
Sports
Stations
Theatres and Cinemas
Transport
Winter Scenes
Work
World War One
World War Two
Youth
Search for:
Showing results for pictures from , in , of , with the phrase ''
Page 125 of 234
« First
«
...
10
20
30
...
123
124
125
126
127
...
130
140
150
...
»
Last »
Black and White photo of the old cottages on Ladywell Road
Black and White photo of the shopfront on Ladywell Road, taken from the junction with Adelaide Avenue
Black and White postcard of Ladywell Road showing the narrow roadway over the bridge before reconstruction
Ladywell Station on the Mid Kent Railway line from Lewisham via Lower Sydenham to Beckenham (now Beckenham Junction) opened in 1857. The station gradually developed a commuter traffic to London, though the surrounding area was not built up until the turn of the century.The original station building, seen on the right hand side, has largely survived.
Laurel Cottage was one of the false starts in Catford's development. The house was built in the early 1870s and demolished in 1889 to make way for Prendergast's School (now itself replaced by Kaleidoscope). The only occupant was C. T. Williams, the job master, whose services as a removal man must have been useful in the growing suburb, but education took precedence.
Black and White Photograph of Laurel Grove
Black and White Photograph of Lawrie Park Avenue
Black and White Photograph of Lawrie Park Avenue
Black and White Photograph of Lawrie Park Avenue
The electric trams from Lewisham to Lee Green began operating in May 1907. As this photograph shows, laying the tracks had caused considerable disruption. The trams terminated here at Lee Green until 1920 when they were extended to Eltham Hill. Fares on trams were cheaper than on trains, which meant that more people could afford to live in Lee and travel to work.
Black and White photo of Leafy Oak Road on Grove Park Estate
Black and White photograph showing Leahurst Road, looking south
Page 125 of 234
« First
«
...
10
20
30
...
123
124
125
126
127
...
130
140
150
...
»
Last »