Toggle navigation
Menu
Lewisham Borough Photos
Images from Lewisham
Home
Places
Dates
Themes
Prints
Checkout
In page-searchResults.php
Search Results Page
Search for images:
Search for phrase:
Select Date
All Dates
1700s
1800s
1900s
1910s
1920s
1930s
1940s
1950s
1960s
1970s
1980s
1990s
unknown
Select Area
All Areas
Beckenham
Bellingham
Bermondsey
Blackheath
Brockley
Catford
Crystal Palace
Deptford
Downham
Dulwich
Forest Hill
France
Greenwich
Grove Park
Hants
Herne Hill
Hither Green
Honor Oak
Ladywell
Lee
Lewisham
New Cross
Nuhead
Parham Park
Peckham
Southend
St John's
Sussex
Sydenham
Westminster
Woolwich
Select Theme
All Themes
Animals
Archaeology
Beaulieu
Bridges
Businesses
Canals Ponds and Rivers
Celebrations
Cemeteries
Charities
Charity
Churches
Education
Emergency Services
Entertainment
Event
Farms
General Views
Health
HealthPublic Buildings
Heath
Houses
Houses(Large)
Housing
Industry
Markets
Military
Mills
Music
Parks and Open Spaces
People
Public Art
Public Buildings
Pubs
PulicBuildings
Rivers
Roads and Streets
Royalty
Shops
Sport
Sports
Stations
Theatres and Cinemas
Transport
Winter Scenes
Work
World War One
World War Two
Youth
Search for:
Showing results for pictures from , in , of , with the phrase ''
Page 43 of 234
« First
«
...
10
20
30
...
41
42
43
44
45
...
50
60
70
...
»
Last »
Bromley Road Library Adult Lending Dept. Interior 9 Feb 1963
Bromley Road Library Entrance Hall & Staircase Prior To Official Opening 9 Feb 1963
Bromley Road Library Rear Exterior Jun 1963
The Park, otherwise known as Southend Park, was the manor house of Bellingham. It was rebuilt as seen here in the 1790s by a nabob, one of a group of wealthy men who settled in and around Southend late in the eighteenth century. It was being used as a hotel when destroyed by a flying bomb in 1944
Black and White photograph showing Brookmill Road, formerly Mill Lane c1890 by T Sturdee
Black and White photograph showing Brookmill Road with railway bridge
Honor Oak was the original Forest Hill, an exclusive development begun in the late 1780s, and sometimes known as Sydenham New Town. This pair of houses was built c.1793. Mrs Ann Tyson was the first owner and occupant of Brookville, the house on the left of the photograph. A later tenant was Sir John Cowan who was Lord Mayor of London in 1837 - 1838. Both houses were demolished in 1961 and the Tyson Estate was built in their place.
Brownhill Road, now an important part of the South Circular, was not created until the late 1870s, when the demolition of Priory Farm made room for it. For the first decade it was only a short cul-de-sac, and until the development of the Corbett Estate began in the late 1890s, houses extended only two or three hundred yards from Rushey Green. These were some of the original 1880s houses. Clerks made up a large proportion of the early residents, but there was also a professional cricketer living here.
colour artwork showing exterior of Brunswick Chapel
Black and White photograph showing the chimneys and gable end of Brunswick House, Tanners Hill, 20/5/65
Black and White photograph showing exterior of Brunswick House, 124 Tanners Hill, 20/5/65
Page 43 of 234
« First
«
...
10
20
30
...
41
42
43
44
45
...
50
60
70
...
»
Last »