Tudor Hall, which was originally known as Red Hall, was built in 1854 - 1855, and was probably first occupied by one of Queen Victoria's maids of honour. It was the largest house in Dartmouth Park, an estate built for the Earl of Dartmouth in the 1850s around Christ Church, the spire of which can be seen on the left. This was one of the Forest Hill developments planned after the opening of the station in 1839, and given added impetus in 1852 by the news that the Crystal palace was coming to Sydenham. Between 1865 and 1908 Tudor Hall was a very smart boarding school for girls. The main body of the house was demolished in 1961, and only the wing on the right survives.
• Forest Hill
• Public Buildings