Park Hill was built c.1830 by William Leaf a banker and silk merchant of Streatham. Sir Henry Tate, the sugar magnate (Tate and Lyle), lived here from 1885. The house was converted into a convent in 1923. View taken before being sold for redevelopment showing the cave and the grotto.
Ref. SP3200/8+12
Details | |
---|---|
Collection: | |
Image type: | Photograph |
Artist: | |
Ref: | 04740 |
Identifier: | SP3200/8+12 |
Date: | 1998 |