Thrale Hall in Mitcham Road, Streatham, as a residential hotel, proprietor H Tuff. The hall was built in the 1860s and named after the Thrales, friends of Dr Johnson, who lived at Streatham Park in the 18th century. It was orginally a girls' school, but became a fashionable hotel at the turn of the 20th century. The Hall was eventually demolished to make way for housing in the 1980s. A printed postcard addressed to Miss Lindsay, Hove, from Jim.
From the Loobey Postcard Collection. ID; IV336/14/57/2
Details | |
---|---|
Collection: | Loobey Postcard Collection |
Image type: | Photograph |
Artist: | |
Ref: | 15156 |
Identifier: | IV336/14/57/2 |
Date: | c.1909 |