Alfred House viewed from H.Hopley White's garden. The house was in Rectory Grove, opposite the old rectory and was later run as a private school by Mr William Franks the vestry clerk. It was demolished c.1860. Hopley White was a distinguished lawyer and amateur artist who lived in The Firs, later demolished to create Fitzwilliam Road.Watercolour by Sophia Colson dated 1855.Ref: LP22/188/ALF.2
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.