View of Turret House in South Lambeth Road, the former home of Elias Ashmole. The house and grounds were sold at auction on 22nd June 1880 by Messrs Driver & Co., for Â£16,150. This property and the adjacent site, formerly the home of John Tradescant but then called Stamford House, were bought by the builder Frederick Snelling and redeveloped by Messrs J.& J. Goodman with new housing - now Tradescant Road and Walberswick Road.From the parish record book deposited in the chest of Lambeth Parish in its Vestry Room in October 1853. This book recorded the public subscription for the restoration of the tombs of Elias Ashmole and the Tradescant family in the graveyard of St Mary's, Lambeth.
#1850 - 1875 #ASHMOLE- Elias #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE #Engraving #HOUSING #SOUTH LAMBETH