Single Image Page

BELGRAVE HOSPITAL FOR CHILDREN, CLAPHAM ROAD, KENNINGTON

BELGRAVE HOSPITAL FOR CHILDREN, CLAPHAM ROAD, KENNINGTON

Belgrave Hospital for Children in Clapham Rd, Kennington, was originally founded in 1866 in Pimlico. This site's lease was purchased in 1899 from P.E. Sewell and foundation stone laid in 1900 with the plan by H. Percy Adams and elevations by Charles Holden. It opened on 20th June 1903 and a south wing was added in 1924 with further extensions in 1926. The hospital closed in the 1980s. Photographed on 24th May 2005.Digital image courtesy of Penelope Gretton.
Details
Collection:Gretton Collection
Image type:Photograph
Artist:Gretton
Ref:07037
Identifier:SPd 4035/37/15
Date:2005

#2001 - 2025  #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE  #HEALTH  #KENNINGTON  #Penelope Gretton Photographer  #Photograph