Benjamin Weir, bequeathed his house, The Hawthorns, in Grove Road in 1902 as the site for a hospital. The hospital was completed in 1913, and extended in 1931 as The Weir Maternity Hospital. It was demolished in 1988 and replaced by Molly Huggins Close and Homewoods. Grove Road was renamed Weir Road in his memory.Photograph of an oil painting which was located at the Weir HospitalRef: SP22/41/WEI.2
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to email@example.com.