The opening of the Bon Marche sports ground at Laleham in Clarence Road (now Avenue) Clapham Park. The ceremony was performed by Harry Holdron, Chairman of Bon Marche with the grounds for the use of the Effra Amateur Athletics Association, formed by the staff of Bon Marche, Quin & Axten and Pratts. The site is now replaced with Clarence Crescent.
From Brixton Illustrated Press, dated July 1925.
|Identifier:||BIP July 1925 p.14|
#1901 - 1925 #CLAPHAM PARK #Print #RECREATION AND LEISURE #SPORT