Entrance gate to Brixton Prison. The prison was first built in 1819 and enlarged in the 1850s to accommodate 700 women prisoners. It was soon used by the Government as a military prison, but returned to civilian use at the end of the 19th century. Ref: SP16/826/Bri.1
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.