The Drawing Room at 'Brynbella', one of the large 19th century mansions that used to flank Streatham High Road before the redevelopment of the 1930's. It had the largest private garden in central Streatham and was about 80 years old when demolished in 1938 after the death of its owner Henry A. Woodwell. The name 'Brynbella' was taken from the house built in 1795 by Hester Piozzi (Thrale) in Clwyd, Wales.Photographed by Henry A Oakley during a visit by the Streatham Antiquarian and Natural History Society on 5th March 1938, immediately prior to the sale of its furniture and effects, and subsequent demolition.
|Collection:||Streatham Antiquarian Society|
#1926 - 1950 #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE #HOUSING #Photograph #Streatham Antiquarian Society #STREATHAM CENTRAL