Houses and premises in Church Street (later Lambeth Road), facing St Mary's church. The building 'To Let' above the shops was known as Teetotal Hall, or Bunyan's Hall, and used as a Sunday school and as a working men's club - the archway beneath leads to Old Swan Yard. The top-hatted figure by the lamp post is Mr T.F. Leaver of the mast, oar and skull making family, then situated in the High Street. NPhotograph taken using the 'wet plate' method by William Strudwick (1834-1910). Ref: S 3196/40
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to email@example.com.