A longitudinal section of the Canterbury Music Hall in Upper Marsh, Lambeth, drawn by the architect George Coles and dated May 1940. Opening in 1852, the theatre was rebuilt several times, the last being by theatre architect Frank Matcham in 1890. Although converted into a cinema in the 1920s, the Canterbury was severely damaged by wartime bombs in 1942 and demolished.From the Drainage Records.
|Image type:||Pen and Ink|
#1850 - 1875 #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE #Drainage Records #ENTERTAINMENT #LAMBETH #Pen and Ink