The nave of Christ Church, showing upper galleries and altar. It was originally built c.1823 as the Holland Chapel and used for Independent worship. In 1854 the leasehold interest was purchased by Rev.J McC.Hussey and the chapel enlarged at his expense. It was consecrated and renamed Christ Church in 1855, being used as a chapel of ease to St Mark's, Kennington. Due to dilapidation and over-crowding it was demolished in 1896 to be replaced with a new church of 'Byzantine-Romanesque' design by Beresford Pite.Lithograph by C.J.Greenwood dedicated to Rev. James McConnel Hussey.Ref: LP16/713
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.