The interior looking east of Christ Church in Westminster Bridge Road. The foundation stone was laid by Mr Samuel Morley MP in 1873 and the church contained space for 2,000 worshippers. The design was a cruciform shape with a 200ft tower at one end built to commemorate the abolition of slavery, and known as the 'Lincoln Tower'. This was mainly funded by the Congregational Church in America and is decorated with stars and stripes. In addition there was a lecture hall and infant school, and the total cost was Â£45,000.Ref: From The Builder, Vol.33, p.278. Engraved by D.R.Warry.
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to email@example.com.