Church School in St Oswald's Place (formerly Miller's Lane) Vauxhall, with the Lambeth School of Art beyond. The connected buildings were designed by J.L Pearson, with the Art School's foundation stone laid by the Prince of Wales in 1860. The buildings had been designed by Mr Pearson in a 13th century style, although the committee made sure the funds were 'not frittered away in useless ornament'. A 1879 prospectus stated the aims were 'to prepare boys for professional and commercial life by imparting a liberal and useful education. It also states a drill sergeant attends twice a week and fees are 1 guinea a term. Drawing lessons are given by the Master of Lambeth School of Art. The school is now flats and the Art School's upper level has been redesigned.Digital image dated 5th August 2017Ref: D2017/1/2
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.