The surviving south aisle of the old parish church of Clapham. The church was in the centre of the mediaeval village of Clapham. After the new church of Holy Trinity was built on the Common in 1776, more of the old church was pulled down, leaving this part for funerals. It was replaced in 1815 by St.Paul's Church, Rectory Grove. Engraving published in the Gentleman's Magazine, December 1, 1815.
|Collection:||Clapham Antiquarian Society|
#-Before 1850 #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE #BURIAL GROUNDS AND CEMETERIES #CLAPHAM #Clapham Antiquarian Society #Engraving #RELIGION