Single Image Page

COUNTY HALL, BELVEDERE ROAD, WATERLOO

COUNTY HALL, BELVEDERE ROAD, WATERLOO

Riverside view of the County Hall, the headquarters of London County Council for over sixty years. Designed by Ralph Knott and built in phases from 1913, it was opened by King George V and Queen Mary on 17th July 1922. The entire sanitary equipment was supplied and installed by Messrs Doulton. The Greater London County Council was abolished in 1986 by the then government and the County Hall riverside building was sold for £60million to Shirayama Shokusan Company Ltd, a private Japanese company. The building now houses two hotels, the London Aquarium, and ever-changing tourist attractions within the spaces. Photograph in 'The Royal Doulton Potteries' published by the Doulton Head Office in Lambeth.
Details
Collection:Local History Library
Image type:Photograph
Artist:
Ref:03498
Identifier:12/369 p.70
Date:c.1922

#1850 - 1875  #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE  #COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY  #LOCAL GOVERNMENT  #Local History Library  #Photograph  #RIVERS AND WATERCOURSES  #TRADE  #WATERLOO 

Buy This Print

Buy This Print


Size Price (inc VAT) Shipping UK
(6"x4" & 10"x8" £2.50)
(Other £3.99)
Worldwide
(£5.99)
6"x4" £8.75
10"x8" £15.50
16"x12" £25.00
20"x16" £31.25

Other Photos Nearby

Other Photos Near Map