County Hall, the headquarters of London County Council for over sixty years was designed by Ralph Knott and built in phases from 1913. It was opened by King George V and Queen Mary on 17th July 1922. The Education Library, was situated above the conference hall and books from here were loaned to teachers and others concerned with the Council's education service. Photograph published in the London County Council 'Guide to The County Hall', 1934.
#1926 - 1950 #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE #LIBRARIES #LOCAL GOVERNMENT #Photograph #Surrey Pamphlets #WATERLOO