Single Image Page

COUNTY HALL, BELVEDERE ROAD, WATERLOO

COUNTY HALL, BELVEDERE ROAD, WATERLOO

County Hall, the headquarters of London County Council for over sixty years was designed by Ralph Knott and built in phases from 1913. It was opened by King George V and Queen Mary on 17th July 1922. The Council Chamber, octagonal in plan could accommodate 200 members. Decorated with different types of marble including Veine Doree columns, the seats were made of oak. The gallery seen behind the chairman's desk was allocated to the press. Photograph published in the London County Council 'Guide to The County Hall', 1934.
Details
Collection:Surrey Pamphlets
Image type:Photograph
Artist:
Ref:03502
Identifier:S373/1 p.14
Date:1934

#1926 - 1950  #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE  #LOCAL GOVERNMENT  #Photograph  #Surrey Pamphlets  #WATERLOO 

Buy This Print

Buy This Print


Size Price (inc VAT) Shipping UK
(6"x4" & 10"x8" £2.50)
(Other £3.99)
Worldwide
(£5.99)
6"x4" £8.75
10"x8" £15.50
16"x12" £25.00
20"x16" £31.25

Other Photos Nearby

Other Photos Near Map