County Hall, the headquarters of London County Council for over sixty years was designed by Ralph Knott and built in phases from 1913. It was opened by King George V and Queen Mary on 17th July 1922. The Greater London County Council was abolished in 1986, and the County Hall now houses two hotels, the London Aquarium, and a permanent exhibition of the works of the artist Salvador Dali. View of the building from the south-east at the junction of Belvedere Road on the right and Westminster Bridge Road. Photograph published in the London County Council 'Guide to The County Hall', 1934.
#1926 - 1950 #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE #LOCAL GOVERNMENT #Photograph #Surrey Pamphlets #WATERLOO