The former Earl of Bristow's villa off Central Hill was built in several stages. The surviving central section is thought to have been the original hunting lodge. Shown here as Park Hotel run by a Mrs Crawley, it was later owned by Mrs Mary Nesbitt and known as Park House. World War II halted it's planned demolition and the building is now incorporated into the Virgo Fidelis Convent.
#1850 - 1875 #HOUSING #INNS AND PUBLIC HOUSES #Lithograph #UPPER NORWOOD