The Crystal Palace, Sydenham Hill, was originally built in 1851 for the Great Exhibition at Hyde Park and re-erected here as the Crystal Palace in 1852-1854. View of the building in the process of construction from the open colonnade. The gentleman on the left is the architect Matthew Digby Wyatt, seen here talking to the architect and designer, Owen Jones (author of 'the Grammar of Ornament'), who were both involved in the design of the themed displays at the Crystal Palace. From 'Photographic Views of The Crystal Palace' by Philip H. Delamotte. Published in 1855Ref: DEL.Vol.1/ No.76
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.