The District Nurses' home in Halsmere Road, Brixton North, during wartime and annotated: 'Miss L Baker and Miss Lloyd set off for a midwifery delivery, windows blacked out'. The Camberwell District Nursing Association for nursing the sick poor in their own homes was established on the 23rd June 1890 and a nurses home was built on the Minet Estate at 94 Burton Road. This new accommodation in Halsmere Road was called the Mary Minet District Nurses' Home, after the principal benefactor, and opened in 1937.Ref: IV 249
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to email@example.com.