DISTRICT NURSES’ HOME, 94 BURTON ROAD, BRIXTON NORTH
District Nurses outside No.94 Burton Road, Brixton North on Queen Alexandra's Rose Day. The Camberwell District Nursing Association for nursing the sick poor in their own homes was established on the 23rd June 1890. William Minet gave his wife, a Nightingale Nurse, No.54 Knatchbull Road as a wedding gift to house nurses. In 1891 the nurses moved here to No.94 where they remained until new accommodation in Halsmere Road was built in 1937. Ref: IV 249
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.