Composite photograph of the ornate Doulton buildings and chimney along Albert Embankment, Lambeth. Build by architects Waring, Nicholson & Wilkinson and completed in 1879, these buildings survived bomb damage during World War II, but out-of-favour architecture and property developers combined to instigate demolition and replacement with office blocks in the 1950s. At No.21 (base of chimney) was John Pinches, renowned manufacturers of medals and trophies. From a panoramic series recording signage for the Council's Planning Department.Ref: 2005/25 (part)
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.