The headquaters of Doulton & Co. Designed by the architect, T. P. Bennett, built in 1939. The most striking feature of this building was the entrance, flanked by four fluted pilasters of gold Carraraware, and surmounted by a 50 feet relief panel in coloured stoneware by Gilbert Bayes depicting 'Pottery through Ages'. Doulton and Co sold the building in 1971 to property developer Star (GB) Holdings for Â£2.5million, although the building was not demolished until c.1978. The panels were saved from destruction and are now in the V&A Museum.Copyright Doulton & Co.
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.