Simultaneously with his successful expansion of the Doulton Potteries in Lambeth, Henry Doulton acquired the works of Messrs Pinder, Bourne and Co of Burslem, Staffordshire in 1877, in order to extend the range of artistic production that could not be conveniently made in Lambeth. They soon became famous for their various new methods and effects like these bowls in 'Sung' glaze, with exquisitely lustrous glazes and colours. Photograph in 'The Royal Doulton Potteries' published by the Doulton Head Office in Lambeth.
|Collection:||Local History Library|
#1876 - 1900 #COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY #DOULTON- Henry #Local History Library #Photograph #TRADE