The Durning Library at No.167 Kennington Road, was designed by Sidney R.J.Smith and built by Messrs Hall, Beddall & Co., of Pitfield Wharf, Waterloo Bridge, with terracotta ornamentation by Messrs. Stiff of Lambeth. The site and cost was a gift of Miss J. Durning Smith and the library opened on 6th November 1889.Ref: CAP/SP13/170
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.