Detail of the Durning Library facade in Kennington Lane. The library was opened in 1889 and was one of the many libraries in South London designed by S.R.J.Smith. It was the gift of Jemina Durning Smith, who was the sister-in-law of Sir Edwin Durning-Lawrence, one of the Library Commissioners. Photographed on 15th May 2005.Digital image courtesy of Penelope Gretton.Ref: SPd 4036/38/18
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to email@example.com.