Illustration of the 'New Durning Library' reprinted from the Builder, 11th August 1888. The library in Kennington Road, was designed by Sidney R.J.Smith and built by Messrs Hall, Beddall & Co, of Pitfield Wharf, Waterloo Bridge, with terracotta ornamentation by Messrs. Stiff of Lambeth. The site and cost was a gift of Miss J. Durning Smith and the library opened on 6th November 1889.Ref: IV 63/1/42 (1)
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to email@example.com.