Detail of the facade of the former Royal Waterloo Hospital for Children and Women, standing on the corner of Waterloo Road and Stamford Street. The hospital moved to this site in 1823 from St. Andrew's Hill, Doctors Commons, and was rebuilt in 1905 with glazed tiles and terracotta facings incorporating Art Nouveau style decoration, all donated by Doulton's pottery. The hospital closed in the 1980's, and now used for education by Schiller University, part of Kings College. Digital image courtesy of Penelope Gretton, 2005.
|Collection:||Penelope Gretton Collection|
#1976 to date #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE #EDUCATION #Penelope Gretton Photographer #Photograph #WATERLOO