The site of the Great Exhibition,1951, between Waterloo Bridge approach and County Hall. The model shows the site as existing, before work had commenced, and was altered accordingly as the work progressed.The leadshot tower which survived until the 1960s, can be seen in the centre, and the Red Lion Brewery next to Charing Cross railway bridge on the right. Photograph published in the Sphere, 15th January 1949.Ref: Cuttings File 184
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to email@example.com.