Single Image Page

Single Image Page

Title

GIPSY HILL, UPPER NORWOOD

Renumbering and renaming plan detail for Gipsy Hill, Upper Norwood, part formerly Beaulieu Hill. Subsidiary names abolished include; Norfolk Terrace, Camden Terrace, Beulah Cottages, Brunswick Cottages, Norwood Terrace, Gipsy Hill Villas, Victoria Villas and Woodside Terrace. Occupants listed include: Alfred Cooper (Dilton Villa), William Meluish (Otago House), Mary Sherrington (Argyle Lodge), General Bray (Tenby Lodge), Robert Conham, Mary Barclay, Lawrence Meagher (The Nursery), J. Hitchcock, James Thyer, Captain W.H.Pym, Dr C.E.W.Bensley and Mary Lucas (Camden House). Upper Norwood was renown at the time as a residential location for many retired army officers and General Bray was noted as a survivor of the Indian Mutiny.From the Street Renumbering/ Renaming Files, dated 21st December 1883Ref: LBL/DCEPS/SL/1/395

Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to archives@lambeth.gov.uk.


Details
Collection:Street Renumbering Files
Image type:Drawing
Artist:
Ref:11864
Original ref:LBL/DCEPS/SL/1/395
Date:1883

1876 - 1900BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTUREDrawingINNS AND PUBLIC HOUSESLAW AND ORDERROADS AND STREETSStreet Renumbering FilesUPPER NORWOOD

Buy This Print

Buy This Print

Size Price (inc VAT) Shipping UK
(6"x4" & 10"x8" £2.50)
(Other £3.99)
Worldwide
(£5.99)
6"x4" £8.75
10"x8" £15.50
16"x12" £25.00
20"x16" £31.25

Other Photos Nearby

Other Photos Near Map