Rear view of the David Greig building from Webber Street, Waterloo. David Greig was established in 1887 in Hornsey and the first Lambeth shop opened at Brixton in 1888. The business expanded rapidly with over 200 shops in London and the provinces. The majority of the 'Thistle Brand' food products were prepared here in Waterloo Road. The building is now used for office accommodation.
|Collection:||Department of Town Planning|
#1951 - 1975 #Department of Town Planning #Photograph #SHOPS AND SHOPPING #WATERLOO