Single Image Page

Single Image Page

Title

HOSPITAL SUPPLY DEPOT, STREATHAM HILL,WORLD WAR II

The Hospital Supply Depot at No.45 Leigham Court Road. Opened in 1939 at the Babies' Hospital, the depot supplied garments, bandages and dressings, as well as knitted goods for use both at home and abroad through the war years. Nearly 100 ladies working at the depot and knitting at home completed 20,000 garments during the war years. Photograph from 'To, For , and About You - The People of Streatham', published by St.Leonard's Church, Streatham, 1945.Ref: 24/222 p.49

Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to archives@lambeth.gov.uk.


Details
Collection:Streatham Antiquarian Society
Image type:Photograph
Artist:
Ref:02620
Original ref:24/222 p.49
Date:1941

1926 - 1950GROUPS AND SOCIETIESHEALTHORGANISATIONSPeoplePhotographROYALTYStreatham Antiquarian SocietySTREATHAM HILLWAR AND ARMED FORCES

Buy This Print

Buy This Print

Size Price (inc VAT) Shipping UK
(6"x4" & 10"x8" £2.50)
(Other £3.99)
Worldwide
(£5.99)
6"x4" £8.75
10"x8" £15.50
16"x12" £25.00
20"x16" £31.25

Other Photos Nearby

Other Photos Near Map