LAMBETH BATHS AND WASHHOUSES, KENNINGTON ROAD, LAMBETH
Interior of the laundry room at Lambeth Baths and Washhouses, built to the designs of A. Hessell Tittman, on the corner of Lambeth Road and Kennington Road. The baths were opened in 1897 as a public swimming pool, bath, laundry and washhouse for those without such facilities. They were badly damaged by a V2 rocket on 4th January 1945 and were demolished, being replaced by a new laundry and bathhouse in Lambeth Walk, which is now a doctor's surgery.Photograph by Bedford Lemere & Co, dated 1898.Ref: SP12/537/22
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.