Entertainments at the Lambeth Fair looking north-east along Fore Street towards the Swan Inn and St Mary's church. Charles Woolley recalls in 1915: 'The open space of Palace Yard was partially used, as well as part of Lambeth Road, by the Welsh community, which congregated in Old Swan Yard, for a kind of fair and fairing on St. David's Day'. The pub was first recorded in 1463, but was demolished to extend the adjacent graveyard in the early 19th century.
|Image type:||Watercolour Painting|
#1850 - 1875 #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE #ENTERTAINMENT #INNS AND PUBLIC HOUSES #LAMBETH #RELIGION #Surrey #Watercolour Painting